Backend Developer - Golang¶
About the Role¶
The GO Developer will be an integral part of our team building software systems using our financial service technology stack. The role will be part of a team that is accountable for all aspects of the development and architecture.
We are looking for a great Go developer who possesses a strong understanding of how best to leverage and exploit the language’s unique paradigms, idioms, and syntax. Your primary focus will be on developing Go packages, programmes and microservices that are scalable and maintainable. You will ensure that these Go packages and programmes are well documented and has a reasonable test coverage. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
This is the role for you if you are an excellent communicator with the ability to translate effectively to business team members yet be able to dive deep into technical details when working with development staff. You take complete ownership of the technical implementation of projects and ensure that no stone is left unturned to avoid risks. You take quality very seriously and work to quantify and evaluate new ways of measuring quality to ensure application uptime and a positive user experience, and that we continue to deliver excellent customer experiences. You are an avid learner and keep up-to-date with new technology to evaluate its impact on our organisation. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty and dive deep into technical details when necessary. You consistently practice risk management in all aspects of your work and take information security very seriously.
Your Day-To-Day Will Involve¶
- Writing scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
- Translating software requirements into stable, working, high performance software
- Playing a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward an efficient micro service distributed architecture
- Work with the team to develop world-class tools through practical development
- Interact with internal and external developers and communities
- Accept, analyse, and respond to bug reports against tools packages in your area of responsibility
- Plan and track development and periodically report progress to team management
- Strong knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- Knowledge of common Go routine and channel patterns
- Experience with the full site of Go frameworks and tools, including:
- Dependency management tools such as Godep, Sltr, etc.
- Go’s templating language
- Go’s code generation tools
- Popular Go web frameworks, such as Gin
- Router packages, such as Gorilla Mux
- Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
- 3+ years of experience with the Go language, runtime and tools
- Experience with or exposure to the Linux kernel is helpful
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, or a technology-related discipline
- Intimate familiarity of Go, and NodeJS, .NET
- Experience with high-growth startups
- Experience working on Kubernetes and Microsoft Azure
- Software development in financial service industry
- Experience developing in a peer-to-peer paradigm
- Strong understanding of cryptographic primitives
- Previously worked with SWIFT
Our Technology Stack¶
- .NET, Go, NodeJS as main languages and frameworks of choice
- Container and container orchestration technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Microservice-oriented architectures
- Cloud-native infrastructure (i.e. Microsoft Azure)
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey. If you’re ready to give it all in helping us achieve our mission - we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Cartan Group, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Please click apply to learn about applying for an open opportunity at Cartan Group.