Web3 Financial Consultant¶
About the Role¶
As a Web3 Financial Consultant, you will be responsible for providing outsourced CFO and finance services to clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a high level of accuracy, and strong technical skills. This is an opportunity for someone that has an interest in open source technologies, blockchain, and/or cryptocurrency.
You will also support the design of scalable organisational structures, drive process improvements, develop data-driven insights and decision making, and programme manage high impact cross-functional projects. Ultimately, you are curious, humble, and analytically-minded with a bias toward action and impact.
Your Day-To-Day Will Involve¶
- Identify potential new clients for outsourced finance and other services and connect, follow-up, and manage overall client relationships
- Work with the project team and clients to understand business needs, how they perform day-to-day functions, and overall business operations to truly partner with our clients
- Lead client matters while fully understanding the company's services lines and overall capabilities and capacity in order to effectively make proposals to new and existing clients
- Work with software engineers, project managers, product managers, business analysts, and other stakeholders on projects that span several services, as necessary
- Develop, document, and maintain finance and finance-related policies, processes and procedures
- Provide financial information by researching and analysing accounting data and preparing reports
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information, as well as reconciling financial discrepancies
- Recommend financial actions by analysing accounting options
- Combine traditional accounting methodologies while incorporating new and modern asset classes, such as virtual assets
- Develop innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
- Summarise current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising account information and trends
- Stay current with financial technology industry market news and trends and apply existing and accumulated knowledge to ensure effective client relationship management
- Lead special projects and carry out any other duties which may be required from time to time
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline with 4+ years of related work experience
- Solid understanding and experience in producing financial statements under US GAAP and IFRS
- Ability to deal with multiple entity structures and intercompany accounting processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be organised and nimble enough to work multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ablity to expertly manage, model, analyse, and manipulate data using software such as Excel, Word or PowerPoint; highly advanced in utilising reporting tools, analysing data, and developing executive summaries and presentations
- Creative, approachable, energetic, “can-do” attitude with ability to change direction in a dynamic environment
- Interest and enthusiasm for new methods of solving old problems
- Exposure to virtual assets and cryptocurrencies is a plus
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey. If you’re ready to give it all in helping us achieve our mission - we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Cartan Group, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Please click apply to learn about applying for an open opportunity at Cartan Group.