Web3 Assistant Financial Consultant¶
About the Role¶
As a Web3 Assistant Financial Consultant, you will be responsible for providing support to the Web3 Financial Consultant who provides outsourced finance services to clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a high level of accuracy, and good technical skills. This is an opportunity for someone that has an interest in open source technologies, blockchain, and/or cryptocurrency.
You will also contribute towards process improvements, present data-driven insights and assist on high impact cross-functional projects. Ultimately, you are curious, humble, and analytically minded with a bias toward action and impact.
Your Day-To-Day Will Involve¶
- Assist the project team with day-to-day functions and business operations
- Researching, analysing and reconciling financial data
- Assisting with accounting entries and preparation of balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
- Initiate fiat and cryptocurrency payments
- Combine traditional accounting methodologies while incorporating new and modern asset classes, such as virtual assets
- Contribute to innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
- Update and maintain finance and finance-related policies, processes, and procedures
- Stay current with financial technology industry market news and trends and apply existing and accumulated knowledge
- Assist with special projects and perform any other duties which may be required from time to time
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline with 2+ years of related work experience. Internships at Big 4 or equivalent are a plus
- Familiar with and has experience in working with financial statements under IFRS and/or US GAAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional eye for detail to ensure accuracy and efficiencies are upheld
- Being confident to self-review before work is reviewed
- Be organised and nimble enough to work multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to manage, model, analyse, and manipulate data using software such as Excel, Word or PowerPoint
- Reliable, approachable, energetic, exceptional integrity, “can-do” attitude with ability to change direction in a dynamic environment
- Interest and enthusiasm for new methods of solving old problems
- Exposure to virtual assets and cryptocurrencies is a plus
- Training towards ACA/CPA/ACCA or equivalent is a plus
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey. If you’re ready to give it all in helping us achieve our mission - we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Cartan Group, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
- Bursary towards accounting qualification
- Part-time to accommodate classes and study
- Compensation USD 40,000 – USD 60,000 depending on experience
Please click apply to learn about applying for an open opportunity at Cartan Group.